Friday, December 5, 2008

Book review "SOA?" and Ranorex

I recently finished (actually "flew over") the SOA-book: too academic and packed with stuff I don't bother. So don't waste your time with that book.

Today, I installed Ranorex: a GUI automation testing tool which can generate C#-code (yes! no scripting-bullshit like AutoIt or Workspace Macro Pro). With that, you can easily record test cases and elaborate them enhancing the generated code. One day and I managed to make a setup-test for the VENTIlogic: start WEINMANNsupport, select automatic port-search, create a new patient with !!!random!!! name, start the import, after import start WEINMANNadjust, connect to the device via automatic port-search, load "Werkseinstellungen" and change some parameters. Did I already mentioned the best? You can validate the results - great!

No comments:

Post a Comment