Friday, February 20, 2009

SOA again, 2 new blogs to read

On wednesday, I had to return SOA und Webservices in der Praxis of Herbert Burbiel to the bib. Unfortunately, there was a reservation on this book. Anyway, I wouldn't have the time to test this promising ASP.NET-world. I'm really astonished how easy it is to write a webservice or -client with .NET - not a great difference to a normal windows forms application. So, the book is great; however, it uses examples of .NET and Java and makes every step (write a client, write a service, make a db-connection) twice, if not thrice (Java, C# and VB.NET). Actually that showed me that the .NET-way is the right one for me ;)

On my journeys in the web, I recently found two great blogs about WPF (Windows Forms - someone needs that anymore?), or better say two great minds writing about WPF: John Gossman and Josh Smith. See Karl Shifflett (not John Gossman...) talking about MVVM here - I love that guy :) (more to come about MVVM soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment