Thursday, March 12, 2009

log4net and SnippetEditor

I recently searched a logging-framework ("there must be some logging-frameworks out there, you must not write your own" - I thought) and stumbled across log4net. It is a port of the log4j logging framework of Apache. It is configurable via xml or via code, claims that it's super-fast and has tons of various output streams. I will use it from now on in my private code-projects, because I haven't got the time to write a Message.dll (our logger here at MCC) for my own.

I'm already using "prop " and "dp " (dp only for C#) frequently and by using Entering and Returning of Message.dll, I wished to have a shortcut for this too. Et voilá, I googled a bit and found the great Snippet Editor. Veeeery handy. Now I've got "logstart " for setting up the logger and "loger " for generating the Entering- and Returning-code for the Message.dll.

No comments:

Post a Comment